Our operations - key facts
WATER AND WASTEWATER
We are focused on providing water and wastewater services in the most efficient and sustainable way possible. Innovation, new technologies, and the pioneering of a holistic approach to water and wastewater management are playing a key role in delivering service improvements and long-term value.
- 2.2 million total population served
- 996,929 customers
- 23 raw water reservoirs
- 18,131km of drinking water mains network
- 688 treatment works with 66 ultraviolet (UV) treatment facilities
- 15,600km wastewater mains network *
- 900 wastewater pumping stations *
- 145 bathing waters and 24 shellfish waters *
* South West Water region only
WASTE RECYCLING AND RECOVERY
Our purpose is to give the world’s resources new life. We remain at the forefront of the resource sector in the UK, transforming waste into energy, high quality recyclates and raw materials.
Read Our operations - key facts (PDF)
- Eight energy recovery facilities in operation and three more under construction across the UK
- Produces enough energy to power over 330,000 homes
- Over 150 local authority and major corporate clients, as well as over 32,000 customers across the UK
- Network of 313 recycling, energy recovery and waste management facilities
- Over 7.5 million tonnes of recyclates and resources managed each year, of which 1.8 million tonnes are recycled (including organics)
- A fleet of 650 waste collection vehicles.